To inspire learners’ geographical curiosity of the wider world using our rich and diverse county to develop their understanding of an ever changing environment.
At St. George’s Junior School:
- Physical, environmental and human mapping play an integral part of understanding and tracking the changing local and wider world.
- A broad range of resources enable children to deepen their understanding and develop geographical skills across KS2.
- Field work, enquiry led learning and the vibrant local community enable pupils to explore and be inspired to compare and contrast their learning with the wider world.
- Pupils explore the importance of the natural world through school visits and through our school grounds and vegetable garden.
- Pupils have the opportunity to explore their own impact on the world through engagement in Eco-club and whole school initiatives to reduce, reuse and recycle. Our ‘Bike It’ group also encourage pupils to partake in initiatives, such as ‘The Big Pedal’ and ‘The Golden Lock’, to reduce pollution and encourage healthy lifestyles.
- Pupils will have the opportunity to visit rivers, places of interest and surrounding areas of natural beauty.